Well looks like i defiantly need my wisdom teeth out *includes pic*

Quote:
I learned that wisdom teeth were useful before we developed good oral hygeine and people started to live past 40years. Because some of your teeth would have gone bad and started to rot/fall out during your twenties (typical time for wisdom teeth nuisances) and then up comes the wisdom teeth to save the day so you can keep on chewing!

I've heard ground horseradish smeared on the gum can have an anasthetic effect. You'll be amazed by the big empty scoops (deflated gum) at the back of your mouth once you get them out! It's cool
smile.png

But it's not too bad (wasn't for me anyway!) I had no bruising on my face and was eating solids within two days!

Oh and make sure you call and bug poeple about your place on the list, people do get forgotton and dissappear of them!

I would assume thats what they do in the chair but the dentist said last visit if any were impacted i would most likely have to go to hospital for that. They are only a small childrens/youth dentist.

Get them out as soon as possible. Leaving them in causes damage to the rest. It's not a big deal for most folks.

Just to make you jealous.... my daughter is nearly 19, she has none... nadda... will never have them... no one else in either family has this luck, she's just lucky!!

Last edited:
I remember having them removed! I guess I was around 23 or so. I was chewing on my back WT when they were coming thru...by chewing pieces of cardboards, coins (yeah, it was bad but they were there to chew something HARD), hard candies until the pain became too unbearable.

After suffering dry sockets, I was happy afterwards! Wait too long, they will start crowding teeth.

What I am not looking forward is my daughter's braces............

You will be fine, and hope you will be scheduled ASAP when they do get a cancellation.

Do any dentist school take on a "guinea pig" to practice to extract teeth or do they do it on cavaders?

I had mine taken out years ago, and they were all impacted. I had no problems at all. You will do just fine! Don't worry!

Sharon

Oh sorry you have to wait so long.

My wisdom teeth came completely in when i was about 9...
hmm.png

But im not getting them out at my dentist! i dont trust her, when i was 7 she took one of those long novacain needles and i asked her if she was going to pull a tooth and she told me No! But guess what? she pulled 2! Because of reasons i still dont know. I guess because they were the last baby teeth i had she felt the neeed to "forcefully remove" them.
hide.gif
she lied to me and scared me too death, ( i was 7 !!!!) and now i am so afraid to go to the dentist when i never was before that...
i still have my wisdom teeth but im sure getting them out isnt really bad.

Im so glad you like your dentist.

Back
Top Bottom