Well looks like i defiantly need my wisdom teeth out *includes pic*

Nicola

Chook Cuddlin' Aussie
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
ACT
Been having on and off jaw pain for about 18 months now, finally got around to having a dental x-ray done, done and dusted in one day. I was really not expecting the results i got back it certainly doesn't look good O.O

i know all 4 are there, x-ray at least confirms 3 that i can see, i can feel both the upper ones under the surface of my gums by pressing on it with my tongue.. and the bottom ones are slightly showing and all that.

When i have been getting jaw aches i have been getting hot spots where the teeth are etc it makes for one very grumpy Me.

393524_10150436111419287_857624286_8138805_942313147_n.jpg

377233_10150436099164287_857624286_8138772_1907351947_n.jpg

sad.png
there is a 12 month waiting list, wah!

Last edited:
Yowch.
hugs.gif
Good luck with whatever you decide to go ahead with! My wisdom teeth haven't started bothering me yet, but I've had several trips to the dentist and I certainly can't say they're very pleasant.

My mother has always wondered what wisdom teeth are actually for...
pop.gif

they are just more molars, to chew with i have no idea why they have to be such a nuisance! i can chew just fine without them.. i will be getting them pulled.. the question is when
hmm.png

I went to an oral surgeon to have mine removed. 2 of them were impacted. No big deal...no problems. Sorry you have to wait so long.

I agree with the fact that I've already got enough molars. Eagerly awaiting the time these decide to show up.
lol.png

There isn't must of a waiting list at my dentists', but I don't know about yours. Can you get anything for the pain for the time being? I remember the jaw aches when the back molars started coming out (late bloomers) No fun!
sad.png

There isn't a waiting list to have them out in the dental chair with sedation and local anesthetic but costs money ( and you know i would freak out knowing and seeing needles go into my mouth O.O would rather not know whats goin on.) D:

But mine would need to be done in hospital which doesn't cost money if done in public but has a 12 month waiting list
hmm.png
Under general anesthetic.

Last edited:
Ooh yeah, next Tuesday is the day I'm getting the needle stuck in my own mouth (freaking out here!
fl.gif
) so I understand. And I get the money as well, the cost is mindblowing even with health cover.
th.gif

Sucks that you have to wait. Hope you can find some way to minimise the pain, whatever you can do.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I had TMJ before I got mine out, but haven't had a problem since.
smile.png

I think I'd be looking for a different dentist to be doing mine if I were you.
There's a mouthwash you cam get (from the dentist) that will help with swelling/tenderness until you get them out.
I'd also recommend getting pain medication from the dentist.
A year is way too long to be in pain from your teeth.

hugs.gif

ETA:
I still owe $600 from when I got mine removed.
Cost me $1,350 for only three of them with being knocked out.
th.gif

Last edited:
Can you try a different hospital?

Even if your mom has to drive you a bit further it would be worth it to have them done sooner
smile.png

It's cool you can have them out in hospital for free though
big_smile.png

Maybe we should make you like Sleeping Beauty... knock you out for 12 months until the froggy gives you a kiss
tongue.png

I can't go private hospital it is too expensive and i like my new dentist, she is nice, the other one was mean >.> and rough!

There isnt any swelling or gum tenderness its just bone pain in my jaw and usually 2 advil later and im fine

Back
Top Bottom