Well, she’s probably he 🤦 again

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
All I can see if another cockerel.. rust shoulder speck and rust saddle feathers. Even made rooster treat noises today at just 1-2 months old. Any chance she is a she?

Attachments

• IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    528.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5114.jpeg
    IMG_5114.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5115.jpeg
    IMG_5115.jpeg
    448.3 KB · Views: 39
Even made rooster treat noises today at just 1-2 months old.
What do you mean by rooster treat noises? Do you mean the food cluck call that is very repetitive and usually high-pitched? That is called the food cluck, and both genders do that. Cockerels and roosters do it the most because they wish to attract the females, but pullets and hens also do food clucking. Females and males can make the same noises as each other; hens can even crow, albeit not very good.

All I can see if another cockerel.. rust shoulder speck and rust saddle feathers. Even made rooster treat noises today at just 1-2 months old. Any chance she is a she?
Define Rooster noises? Tidbitting is done by both genders.

Looks like a pullet too me. Silver pullets can have red on them too. But instead of gold(Females can only be gold, or Silver), they can have red from Autosomal Red though.

What do you mean by rooster treat noises? Do you mean the food cluck call that is very repetitive and usually high-pitched? That is called the food cluck, and both genders do that. Cockerels and roosters do it the most because they wish to attract the females, but pullets and hens also do food clucking. Females and males can make the same noises as each other; hens can even crow, albeit not very good.
Maybe? the repetitive noise they make while picking up and putting down a treat for the hens. I had one of my old cockerels start doing that around this age as well

Back
Top Bottom