Well... the state is on fire again

CarriBrown

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 21, 2007
Thousand Oaks, California
Why do the winds bring out all the whack jobs? Santa Barbara is on fire (120+ homes lost), the Valley is on fire (100+ homes lost) and now there is a huge fire miles from my house. They evacuated those neighborhoods but we're in the clear so far.
I hate pyros.
smack.gif

It sounds like it is really awful. I remember the summer I lived in Kansas and we smelled smoke almost all summer long but it wasn't so many homes destroyed as it was grasslands and prairies.

oh, and all the burning oil wells. What a fun summer it was. There were several times I thought we may have to move the horses to a safer place. I hope all the BYCers stay safe and the fires get under control.

Last edited:
We smell smoke much of the dry season around here, then we get to smell wood smoke from wood stoves and fire places all winter.
roll.png

This was on the news over here this morning in the UK, and I was wondering about all of you over there and how many of you it might affect, this post has preceded my question, but I just wanted to let you know we are all thinking of you.

I hope it doesn't come too close to any of you.

Thoughts are with you all, and hoping for your safety.

Jena.

Oh wow... in the UK, huh?
Well, 600+ homes lost in the San Ferando Valley! So sad. The house count is going up fast over here in my area. I'm going to drive up the street and see if I can get a picture. We're on top of a bluff so I can usually see everything.

rant.gif
I know what you mean Carri - . I was in CA when those fires in 2003 broke out - in San Diego, I was 8 months pregnant at the time, and had to evacuate with cats and a little boy.
Right now I'm worried about my hubby
Right when he was about to eat lunch he got called out to a fire. That was 2 hours ago and I'm on the edge of making him a sandwich and taking it to him.
I have his pager, so I know they're not done with it yet - its about 20 miles away.
rant.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
It was horrible, just be careful when you go outside, you don't want to be breathing that junk in with a baby on board!
big_smile.png

Edit to add: In 2003 I borrowed my hubby's re-breather or whatever its called to go out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom