Well This Is Embarrasing

thats a hova-bater... and your stickr is missing.. with the light north of the knob(screw temp adjustment) clock wise is Decrease and counter clock wise to Increase temps. directions said to fill up the smaller channel with water.. when you hit day 18 you'll fill up both.. the red plugs well the holes on top and bottom of the temperature knob is for air , pull them out if humidity is too high.

Quote:
I have a super-old Hova-Bator just like that. I've had some outstanding hatches in it, too.

Having a "heat sink" inside will help a lot in keeping the temp. steady. Mine is empty right now but for a couple of sealed jars of water. Without anything inside to absorb and hold some heat, the temps will just be crazy. A decent load of eggs will act as a heat sink themselves.

yep.. got the air circ model.. done 3 great hatches last year.. outta fertile candled eggs at day 5, all chicks have hatched.. minus the one that didnt have an upper beak.. oops.. I love it and will get another on of the same.

Well poo. im pretty sure that my bator is broken. I followed those instructions and re assembled it but I realized that when the heating feature is on it will not quit heating and I have to manually turn it off and when it is off it doesnt turn on the heat again when the temp drops. Im guessing that the temp set sensor or what ever is broken so Saturday im just gonna go by a brand new Hova bator.

Back
Top Bottom