Well this is freaky.

mr. birdaholic :

I just got done watching the Little Rock news. The meteorologists say that weather was not involved. It was blunt force trauma. The officials say, the fireworks must have scared them & they couldn't see at night, so they ran into each other, thus resulting in death.

YEAH, RIGHT!
th.gif

wouldnt anything that fell out of the sky for wierd reasons receive blunt force trauma? Not buying that one either​

Yeah, saw where they said about 'fireworks scaring them'. The things are huge pests up here when the sunflowers are ripening. They do a lot of crop damage. So farmers put cannons in the fields that sound like an explosion, and when they go off these birds fly up, fly around a bit, and settle back to eating. They don't fly into each other and die. I was wondering if perhaps they got poisoned by a farmer (think there were actually experiments on that up here) and maybe that's as far as they got when the poison kicked in? Maybe the fish ate some Blackbirds and got secondary poisoning...
hu.gif

We had a sudden hailstorm come up one night, common in Arkansas. As I was out in the dark trying to get the vehicles under cover, a small bird flew up to my flashlight beam. Poor thing was very confused. It took shelter in a tree in the yard. Next day I found it dead.

Maybe there was some hail high in the atmosphere that did them in; regardless of what the meterologists say.

You guys are sooooo BAD...
smack.gif

The news clip that I saw blamed coincidence. Could be. Scared and blinded to death by fireworks; I don't think so. Blunt force trama for the birds....well yeah, when they hit the ground....

Quote:
I just saw this. Young lady you and I are gonna have us a talk.
smack.gif

I am NOT related to my DH, except by marriage. It drives people crazy around here because they can't question me about my "kinfolk", mainly because I don't have any in Arkansas (being from NC).

Now, my DH on the other hand. He's related to everybody. And my dogs are half brothers, half cousins. But as I was sayin.....

mr. birdaholic :

I just got done watching the Little Rock news. The meteorologists say that weather was not involved. It was blunt force trauma. The officials say, the fireworks must have scared them & they couldn't see at night, so they ran into each other, thus resulting in death.

YEAH, RIGHT!
th.gif

Huh???? The fish too?​

Back
Top Bottom