Well this is suppose to be a Dominique (Dominiker), but......

Barnyard

Addicted to Quack
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Southwest Georgia
I am beginning to wonder. Any ideas what breed this is? It came from a brown egg and I was told Dominiker
hu.gif

chick2.jpg

chick1.jpg

edited to say it just hatched today and sorry that the pic's are so big photobucket don't like me for some reason.....

Last edited:
Quote:
My thoughts exactly....... He don't look like the other's! He doesn't look like the RIR's either......
th.gif

don't light brahama have feather's on the leg's?

Last edited:
Yeah I know Lilpeeps. I just hatched out 17 barred rocks and 5 dominiques so far, got 2 more to go. Now you see why I am confused, he/she is the only yellow one in the whole bunch!!

You'll have to ask who you got the eggs from what it could be...but it looks quite similar to the 2 chicks I have had out of an araucana mixed hen x a barred rock mixed roo (those are their primary breeds). So, quite possibly, it is primarily Dom or BR, but some other roo got to that hen...just my 2 cents.
Kristi

Quote:
I was planning on calling the man tommorrow to find out what roo's he has. I know he has a White Crested Black Polish and a dom. and I know he has more just not sure what. I just thought I could post on here and get everyone's expert opinion!

edited to say.....had another "dominiker " born last night with small little black feather's on his leg's...... boy oh boy what a mix of chick's I am gonna have!

Last edited:
Well I went this morning to the man who I got the eggs from, to see what rooster's he has.

In one pen he has Dominiker hens and roo's. There is also what I believe to be a Delaware hen in there with them.
Someone suggested Light Brahama, but the chick I hatched doesn't have feathers on his legs.

There is a pen with the Polish Hen and rooster's in it. That would be my pure breed chicks.

There is a pen with some OEG bantams in it.( got free eggs today...
yippiechickie.gif
)

Then there is a loner Roo that does his on thing
gig.gif

With all that being said I think that my little yellow chick is a Dominiker X Delaware, sound right to ya'll?

I am not complaining at all cause he gave me these eggs!!

Back
Top Bottom