Well, washed a chick butt

walkswithdog

Crowing
15 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
He hadn't quite pasted over but three different checks I saw poop on him. Fished him out, took him to the bathroom, used some REALLY warm water, a wash cloth and cleaned him up. This was NOT popular. He's got good lungs. No sore, no real irritation, I caught it early. Yay. Then I took out the blow dryer on his wee bum. They look so silly damp. As soon as I was blow-drying him on low he was a happy lil camper, hushed up and enjoyed the warm. He's one of the ones I can tell apart. He looks alot like "Runs Like Nutcase.'' I'll keep an eye on it. If I have to wash his butt again he's getting a hind-end name.

I haven't cleaned a peeper butt since high school lol. A few parrots between now and then but that's about it.

This is a lot like repeat parenthood. Laundry and butts.

gig.gif

A hind end name
lau.gif
What we do for our babies. I call it the butt patrol. I pick each one up to check and they don't like it especially the ones who have be cleaned. Like let me see.
ep.gif
PEACE

Olive oil? Kewl. I didn't want to apply anything medicated the way they pick at each other.

He may just end up Hiney, if he keeps this up.

I don't know about getting the kid all grown up to be washing fuzzybutts. Lots more fuzzybutts. chuckle.

Yes, I do. This brings me such peace. Something constructive, amusing, interesting. I need them as much as they need me.

I'm going to put a bungee cord on Puddle soon, she's already trying to leave the brooder when I go to take my hand out. The three dogs trying to sniff her don't even phase her, not bad for a three day old.

I named a little roo "Puny" years ago. He was a neat little guy. Bottom of the pecking order and the other birds picked on him a lot, until the feed lady (me) was in sight. He would come running as fast as he could, with the others chasing after him. When he got close, he would jump up and do a 180 in the air and land on my shoe, facing his tormentors. Then he would stand as tall as he could, and crow at them.
lol.png
The others stopped dead in their tracks because they knew there wouldn't be any picking on Puny while I was around.

Puny sounds terrific. It's amazing what they will learn.

It's funny how quickly some of them have standout features. And they are figuring out the handout lady is both safe and good to have around. I feel like a momma hen when I go to pull my hands out of the brooder they're all ready to pop on out and follow me now. So many times I've seen them hop out of nests to follow momma. It's way cool.

It's funny in this group the smallest, darkest bunch - still very small, almost no feathers on wings, which includes Hiney and Runs Like Nutcase, have the HUGEST expressions of chicken behaviors - keep away, IWANT IT!, scratching more and scuffling twice as often. First in my hands, first full and time to go fight over the "toys" I gave them.

Watching them is so interesting. I can say that here, with chicken people. I can't confess how much time I spend watching chicken tv to "normal" people. LOL

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom