1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wellington the Welsummer

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by L&Schickens, Dec 9, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I know Wellington is the wrong color and all, but I just love him. I am taking him to a show this weekend along with 2 of his hens. I know if there are any other Welsummer roos there mine will loose, but I just can't help my self! I think he is wonderful. Wellington is 6 months old. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    He looks great [​IMG]
    Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

3. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    He looks like a 'Wellington' hee. I keep expecting him to sit down on a leather chair, cross his legs and start hosting Master Theatre. LOL. What a dashing lad! I like his coloring, it's so pretty. I think it would be fun to go to a show and get bashed about it's not the right color...blah, blah, blah...none of my chickies are 'right', but I don't care, I luv them anyway!

He's a pretty man!! [​IMG]

4. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Wellington would look good in a smoking jacket with a pipe hanging out of his beak. [​IMG]

5. thechickenkeeper

thechickenkeeper Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2008
    Auckland, New Zealand
    He looks very grand indeed, I feel he could go by the full title, The Duke of Wellington, the famous General who won the battle of Waterloo. Good luck in the show.

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    we have a bantam chicken named Lord Wellington! we always joke about a smoking jacket too!

your Wellington is a handsome gent!

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    ^^Great minds think alike. [​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I think he is beautiful, and if he came from a REAL, DARK egg, then who cares?!

9. Becaco

Becaco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Why is he the wrong color? Mine look just like yours.

hehehe one of mine is named Wellington, I need to think of a name for the other one.

10. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:They are suposed to have red/brown in the chest and mine also has white feathers at the base of the tail. Don't know how bad a fault that is though, but Wellington's chest is solid black. So I guess we will find out how the judges feel about his color on Saturday.
    As for me, he is just entered along with 9 others, so I had something to take. All the birds are in my 5 y/o sons name so if any win anything, he will get the credit. [​IMG]
    But, with my Welsummers, as long as they produce dark eggs and future dark egg layers, I will be happy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by