Welp Hatchery

greggy

Songster
12 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Reed City, Michigan
I just found a Welp hatchery located in Iowa. I'm looking to raise som Rhode island Whites and they have the chicks for sale. Are they a reputable hatchery? Ive never heard of them before.

Yeah, I got some from them last year. They were very helpful, and very good for answering questions. all the chicks thrived, very healthy.

Just a warning -- professional website design doesn't equal a good business necessarily.

Not anything against Welp, they're decent folks, but it scares me to see people judging businesses by their websites -- that's a good way to get scammed.

when I was still using hatchery stock I used them a lot and found them to be very professional and they sent very healthy chicks to me. I would not hesitate to use them if I were going to be getting hatchery stock

Really nice people. I'd have ordered from them if they didn't start shipping later in the season. Brian is very helpful. They have included lots of extras of what I ordered in the past, not packing peanuts.

I think it's a little paranoid to think that Welp will scam you! They've been in business for a long time and for good reason. They also have reasonable minimums and the shipping is included in the price, so your order doesn't double in cost once you get to the check out.

I have had excellent service from them. They mislaid a small order of mine once during a computer change over. They apologized then sent me the product free of charge to atone for the error. I will order my next order of Cornish X from them.

ETA Later on in the season when it is warmer they will also work with you on minimums and combining species.

thats good to here good things about them!!! the farm and ranch store i reserved chicks from get theirs from welp. they are getting here march 2nd!

Back
Top Bottom