Welp Hatchery

Quote:
Yes, I asked about that. They don't charge you until something like Thursday. By then you have them. You can still call them on Mon. if some died. This will be the first year we're ordering them, hopefully we're doing good by it. Last year we ordered from Purely Poultry and he's a middle man for lots of places so I have no clue where they came from?
idunno.gif
I'm not sure I liked that.

I just recieved my d'uccles, all arrived alive and well. I was surprised they were still selling this late in the season, but I'm glad they were. Now I don't have to wait til spring to get some hens.

I just recieved my d'uccles, all arrived alive and well. I was surprised they were still selling this late in the season, but I'm glad they were. Now I don't have to wait til spring to get some hens.
This was probably was a while ago, but how did your d'uccles turn out? Were they well tempered and healthy? Do they conform to the breed standards? My local Jax has chicks from Welps, and I want to try their goldneck d'uccles.

Thanks!

This was probably was a while ago, but how did your d'uccles turn out? Were they well tempered and healthy? Do they conform to the breed standards? My local Jax has chicks from Welps, and I want to try their goldneck d'uccles.

Thanks!

bump. Any general comments about the quality of their bantams? They have a pretty big selection

Guys, i need your help. Have any of you ordered SHOW chickens from Welp and recieved good ribbons? I usually order from McMurray hatchery, and i did GREAT at fair. But their completley out of everything i want, so im forced to go with Welp. I would like some pictures of your show birds from Welp, and please tell me the ribbon he/she recieved. Im very hesitant to go with Welp, since i loved the birds i got through McMurray. Thanks!!

Guys, i need your help. Have any of you ordered SHOW chickens from Welp and recieved good ribbons? I usually order from McMurray hatchery, and i did GREAT at fair. But their completley out of everything i want, so im forced to go with Welp. I would like some pictures of your show birds from Welp, and please tell me the ribbon he/she recieved. Im very hesitant to go with Welp, since i loved the birds i got through McMurray. Thanks!! 

I would like to know this as well. I too have showed my birds from McMurray and they did great at the fair, but I'm looking for a different selection this year.

I ordered 25 chicks from Welp this season! They all arrived well with no loss from shipping. They have been here for two weeks with only 1 loss after arrival. I think that was just a weak chick. Just wanted to post a recent update for the company. Will definitely do business again if I need a hatchery. BTW- I ordered 10 barred rock pullets; 10 delaware pullets and 5 assorted white egg layers only because I could not get the cornish x at the same time as the dels and Barred rocks. They ship from a few different places as well and I think my chicks came from another hatchery in New Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom