Welsh Harlequin Breed Club

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by IowaBlueCurt, May 13, 2013.

1. birdlilly

birdlilly New Egg

Jul 6, 2013
    Metzer Farms had Welsh Harlequins, that is were I got mine. I recommend them.

2. carousel86

carousel86 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2013
    Ulster park N.Y.
    You are the first person who recommend them to me. Are they SQ ducks? I would like to show them when I get them. Can you post pictures?

3. birdlilly

birdlilly New Egg

Jul 6, 2013
    [​IMG]these are offspring of the ones I got from Metzer farms. They are about 7 weeks old in this photo. Two of the 14 I hatched have a multicolored beak which is an easily recognized flaw. They seem pretty decent to me but I do not show birds. Dave Holderread raises WH for show.http://holderreadfarm.com/photogallery/welsh_page/welsh_page.htm Here is a link to his page. Hope this is helpful

4. carousel86

May 29, 2013
    Ulster park N.Y.
    Thank you, I'm going to wait until spring and get them from Holderread

5. birdlilly

birdlilly New Egg

Jul 6, 2013
    you are welcome

6. carousel86

May 29, 2013
    Ulster park N.Y.
    Your ducks are really cute!

7. Zombified

Zombified Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2013
    Kentucky, USA
    I am definitely interested in breeding WHs and educating others. I actually have a gold phase hen right now. :) So far, based on what I've been told by other WH owners, my birds are pretty nice quality. I plan to show my drake in January. I'm only really showing for the experience and to hopefully talk to other WH owners and breeders.

Currently, we're only permitted 6 waterfowl on our property, but there are plans to move to a place with much more land and no HOA.

8. ChiChiLady

ChiChiLady Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2012
    Burlington VT
    So any way....back to the idea of forming a WH Breed club.
    Yes I would be interested. Yes I would be willing to put a small amount towards dues and or volunteer some time setting up a site. I have no WH ducks at the moment but plan on getting 10 to 20 in the spring (April 2014). Please keep me posted on the progress or happenings of a Welsh Harlequin breeders club. Thanks for starting the thread.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  9. Zombified

Zombified Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2013
    Kentucky, USA
    I don't know if I could put forth money *right now* but I would be 100% willing to volunteer my time for anything needed, like a website design or writing up a short but descriptive post on WH information.

EDIT:
    Here are some pictures of my guys a few weeks ago. When I get home in two weeks I'll post more updated photos.

Nyx, silver phase hen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eris, gold phase hen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoth, silver phase hen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Erebus, silver phase drake:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Erebus's posture is a lot more up to quality and his colors have darkened a bit since those photos.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  10. carousel86

May 29, 2013
    Ulster park N.Y.
    Wow! They are so beautiful! Thank you for posting pic

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by