Welsh Harlequin Breed Club

these are offspring of the ones I got from Metzer farms. They are about 7 weeks old in this photo. Two of the 14 I hatched have a multicolored beak which is an easily recognized flaw. They seem pretty decent to me but I do not show birds. Dave Holderread raises WH for show.http://holderreadfarm.com/photogallery/welsh_page/welsh_page.htm Here is a link to his page. Hope this is helpful
Thank you, I'm going to wait until spring and get them from Holderread

I am definitely interested in breeding WHs and educating others. I actually have a gold phase hen right now. :) So far, based on what I've been told by other WH owners, my birds are pretty nice quality. I plan to show my drake in January. I'm only really showing for the experience and to hopefully talk to other WH owners and breeders.

Currently, we're only permitted 6 waterfowl on our property, but there are plans to move to a place with much more land and no HOA.

So any way....back to the idea of forming a WH Breed club.
Yes I would be interested. Yes I would be willing to put a small amount towards dues and or volunteer some time setting up a site. I have no WH ducks at the moment but plan on getting 10 to 20 in the spring (April 2014). Please keep me posted on the progress or happenings of a Welsh Harlequin breeders club. Thanks for starting the thread.

Last edited:
I don't know if I could put forth money *right now* but I would be 100% willing to volunteer my time for anything needed, like a website design or writing up a short but descriptive post on WH information.

EDIT:
Here are some pictures of my guys a few weeks ago. When I get home in two weeks I'll post more updated photos.

Nyx, silver phase hen:

Eris, gold phase hen:

Thoth, silver phase hen:

Erebus, silver phase drake:

Erebus's posture is a lot more up to quality and his colors have darkened a bit since those photos.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom