Welsh Harlequin breeders?

Wifezilla: my WH girls from Metzer are looking a lot like your Shelley, though one's even whiter and has certain suspicious resemblances to a fawn runner. I'm not even sure her beak color will fill in at all. But they are cute and spunky!

Mish: I'm surprised to hear Metzer is so expensive! I only just bought my ducklings in November and they were five bucks apiece!! Then again, I bought 10.

Shelley was really white until quite recently.

Metzer is expensive on small orders...but getting exactly how many ducks you need and having them sexed...totally worth it for me.

I've heard they change a lot as they get their adult plumage.

I had my 10 sexed so I had two trios and a foursome... sold the foursome.
big_smile.png
Out of curiosity, has anyone on-list bought WH from Sandhill Preservation? I was wondering what sort of quality they had.

Daisy, my welsh harlequin from metzers still has an awful lot of white on her.. her bill is still splotchy.. hasn't gotten her wing spectrum yet.. she's 9 months.. Stlanley is still working on his green head.. it will take a while longer gor it to get totaly green... I heard welsh harlequins take several years to get their full color..

Hee hee, I love scruffy teenaged ducks, too! Especially at the age where the girls' voices are changing.
smile.png

Both of my Metzer Harlequin girls are mostly white with brown heads and tails. The one I said looked a lot like a fawn runner has a tendency to stand up straighter than the rest of them when she's looking at things. I've had runner mixes before that stood a lot like she does. As long as she lays me plenty of eggs, I don't care if she's a mutt. lol I need to take some photos... the boys are getting their voices and curly feathers now. They actually look more like what I'd expect than the girls do.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom