What type of Welsh harlequin do I have? Gold/silver

Rosiej

In the Brooder
Sep 18, 2021
I’ve got some 9 week old Welsh harlequin. 3 girls and 1 boy.
Two of the girls seem very dark for Welsh harlequin and I’m curious to know whether they might be mixed with another breed?
I’ve also heard about there two types of Welsh harlequins (gold or silver).
Can anyone tell what mine are?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7964.jpeg
    IMG_7964.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7963.jpeg
    IMG_7963.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 31
Two of the girls seem very dark for Welsh harlequin and I’m curious to know whether they might be mixed with another breed?
Thanks
female number one looks like mine i think she is silver and the others may be gold , key word may

I believe the key is what color are their speculums (wing patches). If they are bright blue in the sunshine, you have silvers. If they are brownish, you have gold. My only Welsh was darker when she was younger and lightened up over time.

You asked about if they might be crosses. Where did you get them? Is it more likely they are gold such as from a hatchery or from someone with a assortment of breeds? Harlequin crosses could have this appearance or they could be golds.

Thanks
I think you have silver appleyard ducks. My female Welsh Harlequin is yellow with some black dots on her head and a couple of black feathers but mostly light yellow.

Back
Top Bottom