Welsh Harlequin Ducklings (UPDATE 10-29)

Mine were picked up on May 15th, so they would have been hatched on the 13th. So almost 5 weeks old.

I can't believe how different Shelley looks from the other two (the brown ones). I thought they would all look like Shelley. No biggie thought. As long as they lay eggs
big_smile.png

Wow mine were hatched on 5/11...it is so cool to watch the differences between ours because they are only a couple of days apart and the "same" breed. hehehehe

I live an hour away from Metzer Farms and drove to pick my Welsh Harlequin eggs up
smile.png
The babies are two days old now, 100% hatch rate (for four eggs). So fun to see what their older brothers and sisters look like! Did your babies imprint on you? I was hoping mine would but they hatched in the night so I didn't see them right away. They aren't scared of me and love to lay down on my lap but they don't follow me around like my last babies did. I am wondering if it might be a breed thing?

Did your babies imprint on you?

Yeah, they did even though I didn't hatch them. Just spend a lot of time with them. Mine like it when I lay in the grass and they get to climb all over me, peck at my clothes and hide under my chin when something scares them
tongue.png

Great to hear! I was just worried cause my last babies followed me around from day one and these little ones don't. If I lay or sit down near them though they are all over me and love to snuggle in any nook they can find whether it be a bent knee, elbow, or neck. Hope they grow to be as pretty as yours!

Mine were also born May 13th! Although they never imprinted on me because I got them a week and a half after they were hatched.

Those of you who have Welsh Harlequin ducks: have you noticed any of the females with blue eyes???? I have one that has blue eyes.... can this be????

Back
Top Bottom