Welsh Harlequin

I hope you have lots of fun with your WH, mine are 12 weeks old today! I absolutely love having them around and I'm sure you will too.
lol.png

You don't need to separate them, just get close and listen. The females quack, and the males make only a raspy sound.

I am having a very bad day. I found one of my original flock of Welsh Harlequin ducks with a prolapsed vent this morning. I am trying to get her to hold on till I can get her to the vet this afternoon. I will have to drive an hour to get to a vet that will treat a duck. I don't see the point in trying to push it back in myself, as it will probably just come back out. It need a couple of stitches to hold it there while it heals. I have promised her to a friend of mine, and if she dies I will have to give my friend another duck, so I will be out two from my laying flock. I don't want her to be in pain, but I really hope the vet can save her.

You don't need to separate them, just get close and listen. The females quack, and the males make only a raspy sound.

I am having a very bad day. I found one of my original flock of Welsh Harlequin ducks with a prolapsed vent this morning. I am trying to get her to hold on till I can get her to the vet this afternoon. I will have to drive an hour to get to a vet that will treat a duck. I don't see the point in trying to push it back in myself, as it will probably just come back out. It need a couple of stitches to hold it there while it heals. I have promised her to a friend of mine, and if she dies I will have to give my friend another duck, so I will be out two from my laying flock. I don't want her to be in pain, but I really hope the vet can save her.
Srry to hear that

Back
Top Bottom