Welsh Harlequin

Be careful it does not bond to you. If it does not get enough time with other ducks it can have a great deal of trouble understanding it is a duck.
It really isn't a good idea to get just one duckling. At least 2 so that they can be used to your handling but can bond to each other as ducks.

Liz

my 6 ducklings from Metzer's finally arrived this morning and so far all 6 seem to be doing very well. will get pics of the cuties asap for you all to melt over

Just an FYI
Welsh Harlequins are supposed to be a non flying duck, but my drake cleared my 6' privacy fence. So anyone new to them or getting them if they aren't totally enclosed (run) then you may want to clip their wings.

Just an FYI
Welsh Harlequins are supposed to be a non flying duck, but my drake cleared my 6' privacy fence. So anyone new to them or getting them if they aren't totally enclosed (run) then you may want to clip their wings.
wow really I have yet to see my drake get off the ground I do think a duck in flight is a very pretty sight

Received my 4 ducklings from chickens for backyard this morning but I think at least one of them is a drake, can someone tell me what you think.....

I'm pretty sure this one here is male, he's a lot darker and has a full black beak.....

This one here i think is a drake but feel it could go either way.....

Ok fellow Welsh Harlequin owners what do you think??

@Rayray, I didn't see it. I was on my honeymoon when my mom calls and is like I can't find one of the ducks anywhere... I asked her to look really well around the yard and look for feathers or blood no signs of anything. She takes my wolf dog outside to go potty and he starts going crazy at the back of the privacy fence. I was like no way but my husband insisted he had flown the "coop" she checked it out and sure enough! Lucky my yard backs up to a horse pasture so he flew the 6' fence and enjoyed the company of ducks and horses while chowing down on the oats haha I told my mom to put food in a dog kennel and he would go for it, nope cause he wasn't hungry.
The people who own the place back there let us know he was having a great time =P

@Rayray, I didn't see it. I was on my honeymoon when my mom calls and is like I can't find one of the ducks anywhere... I asked her to look really well around the yard and look for feathers or blood no signs of anything. She takes my wolf dog outside to go potty and he starts going crazy at the back of the privacy fence. I was like no way but my husband insisted he had flown the "coop" she checked it out and sure enough! Lucky my yard backs up to a horse pasture so he flew the 6' fence and enjoyed the company of ducks and horses while chowing down on the oats haha I told my mom to put food in a dog kennel and he would go for it, nope cause he wasn't hungry.
The people who own the place back there let us know he was having a great time =P

Good neighbors are a blessing, indeed! Glad he got home safe and sound (and well fed, too!)

Back
Top Bottom