Welsh Harlequin

can soneone tell me what breed these 2 are??

I can finally join ya'll here! My order of Silver WH's from Holderreads came this week. I ordered 7, they gave me 8! Woohoo! I also ordered runners, I'm amazed by the personality difference! Runners are so flighty, the WH are pretty chill! Anyways, here are a few of my babies:

If you handle your Runners while they are little (calmly) and if you raise them with your Harlequins, I have found that the runners tend to be much less
skiddish. I kept hearing about how Runners were not good moms and are very flighty. My two have been handled since they were 1 day old and have been raised
with my Harlequins and they are very handle able and my older hen was only two weeks old when she put herself in charge of raising the 1 and 2 day old ducklings with her.
She also keeps trying to nest and have her own clutch, something I intend to do early in the summer.

Runners will never be Harlequins, temperament wise, but they can be much calmer if raised with a quiet hand and with calmer breeds.

Liz

If you handle your Runners while they are little (calmly) and if you raise them with your Harlequins, I have found that the runners tend to be much less
skiddish. I kept hearing about how Runners were not good moms and are very flighty. My two have been handled since they were 1 day old and have been raised
with my Harlequins and they are very handle able and my older hen was only two weeks old when she put herself in charge of raising the 1 and 2 day old ducklings with her.
She also keeps trying to nest and have her own clutch, something I intend to do early in the summer.

Runners will never be Harlequins, temperament wise, but they can be much calmer if raised with a quiet hand and with calmer breeds.

Liz

Okay! Thank you for the advice. I am handling all of them daily :(no hardship, I love cuddling duckies!) so I hope they will be good,

Back
Top Bottom