Welsh Harlequins as pets?

HappySlappyDuckfeet

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 8, 2011
Garden Grove
In your experience do they socialize well with people if they imprint on a person by 1-2 days of age? I don't expect them to be as sociable as pekins but enough that I can interact with and enjoy them.
smile.png
We also have yard bbq's with friends every month so my chosen ducks shouldn't be overly nervous/flighty. Whatcha think?

Mine are 8 weeks old. I wouldn't call them flighty, but they don't like to be caught. I didn't get them for pets so we haven't forced ourselves upon them. Theyare good natured, active and talkative when there is something to discuss. Otherwise they are content to hang out with their geese buddies.

I didnt imprint mine but they are overly excited or scared when i go in the pen. Maybe at first, but after like 5 minutes they get used to me and i can just walk past them without them freaking out. They dont like to be caught (like said) But after you do catch mine then they are usually calm and you can pet them without too much of a fuss. I bet if you got them when really young and socialized them, then they would be less scared when you first walk in the pen or by it.

Back
Top Bottom