Welsummer, brown leghorn or welbar?

TexasMommax3

Chirping
Jun 24, 2020
Hello, new here. I've been lurking for a few months but decided its finally time I posted something. This year I started with 9 chicks from TSC and regrettably can't remember what the 5 pullet breeds I bought were. I've been looking online and I've come up with 3 similar looking breeds and have narrowed it down to a Welbar. Only problem is that I don't think TSC sells Welbars, or not that I know of. I first thought leghorn but at 17 weeks their earlobes are not white. I thought welsummer but they have some barring and none of the ones I've seen have that much barring except the Welbars. Sigh. Only time will tell once they start laying. First pic I found online, other one is from one of them. Will try to take more photos tomorrow. TIA

Attachments

• wb_f3-007.jpg
    wb_f3-007.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 20200812_111824_.jpg
    20200812_111824_.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 80
I would go with wellsummer because the Wellbar is an autosexing breed and a bit too rare for TSC to carry...

That's what I was thinking but the barring is what's throwing me off. I actually have another one that looks more like a welsummer, less baring and a slight difference in color.

Back
Top Bottom