Welsummer layed a white egg??!

Excuse me ... can you please tell me how you know it's fertile, without having broken it open? In Post #3 above you say it's fertilized, and you're going to put it under two hens with some other eggs ... I haven't done any hatching yet but I want to, and if there is a way to tell if an egg is fertilized without breaking it, I would REALLY love to know!

Excuse me ... can you please tell me how you know it's fertile, without having broken it open? In Post #3 above you say it's fertilized, and you're going to put it under two hens with some other eggs ... I haven't done any hatching yet but I want to, and if there is a way to tell if an egg is fertilized without breaking it, I would REALLY love to know!
It's simple really, if you put a light to the egg in a dark room it shows the inside of the egg, if the egg is white or yellow inside it won't hatch, if it's orange or red then it's fertilized

The egg to the left of the whiteish one is more so the color a Welsummer would lay. The bird in question is not a Welsummer though.
She's layed brown eggs before, plus I got her from a welsummer breeder so wdym? I was told she's a gold welsummer

Back
Top Bottom