Welsummer or Easter Egger?

they are pretty flighty, I had to put 3 rows of wire above our fence to TRY and deter them from going into the neighbor's yard. They still manage to get over it but I have found that if I offer lots of areas in my yard to find bugs and treats they are less likely to go over it.

they are decent layers, but not everyday layers. My 2 average about 45 eggs a month. One of mine is quiet the talker, she often seems to be laughing at me. The other is very friendly and curious about everything.
I'm not a big egg eater and I love chatty birds, she /he will fit right in as long as she doesnt fly into the dogs area of the yard. Fortunately my dogs are couch potatoes so they stay inside more than out.

One week later, so about 3 1/2 to 4 wks maybe.
Is Ms. Brownie a female @RowanTheRed ?
20180919_165403.jpg
20180919_165259.jpg

Attachments

• 20180919_165259.jpg
    20180919_165259.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 1
It is either a Welsummer or a BL, whatever it is I am going to still say female because the breast feathers should not be that color if it was a cockerel from those two breeds. Also, pullets can have large combs at this age, as long as they are not bright red and growing every day then you should not have to worry much.

Back
Top Bottom