Welsummer Rooster Termperament?

My Wellie boy is a real sweetie. He's wonderful to his girls and is not the slightest bit aggressive to humans, though he will give the other roos a show if they get too close to his pen. I can pick him up and carry him around and he just sits there like he enjoys it!!

Cyn, I vote you keep one of your Wellie boys - I don't think you'll regret it!!!

Lori

I must say that the Wellie boys I've had, they are laid back and sweet as they go. Never met an aggressive one either! If I had an aggressive roo, he would be a goner and I believe the trait of the breed, they must be gentel!

I know you must make decisions, Cyn but go with the market flow and how well the Welsummers sell in your area. I know Christie's lines are all scattered all over the US LOL!

Quote:
lol.png
tongue.png
lol.png
wink.png
Ha Ha.....I saw these chicks and I hate to be the one to tell you but, they are all ROO'S...! LOL..........."I AM JUST KIDDING"

I have a Welsummer Rooster and 5 hens. Rooster is about 5 months old now, and has just started aggressively chasing my 5 and 6 year olds. When I went to defend a child, he turned on me. Of course, I didn't run, and he did end up running, eventually. I shudder to think what he will be like in another 6 months.

my husband just received our new additions to our flock 4 that are welsummers 3 girls and one male is the meanest chick of any breed I have ever seen the chicks are 3 days old and attacking all the other baby chicks grabbing hold of them and slinging them or grabbing them by the toe and dragging them and they just are terrified of him tried separating him with all female chicks and that dosent work cannot put him by hisself he will not quit chirpping afraid he will stress hisself to death all together we received 28 babies in the mail and they are all fine eating drinking being normal cute little chicks killer our male welsummer spends most of his time going from chick to chick agressivley attacking like hes trying to kill them

I have a welsummer rooster named peep.He was always the littlest chicken I had,And the bigger ones always were mean to him,until he grew,And now he chases my mom around the yard,but he never chases me. I do not allow him to attack me.

Back
Top Bottom