welsummer?

Araucanas are rumpless. The black one could potentially be an olive egger if she has both Marans and Araucana in her family tree. Without more about their history and no eggs yet, it's all guesswork, though. Did the seller make any claims about their age? I mean, if the seller told you these were a Welsummer and a Marans, they were either lying or seriously mistaken but I wonder if they had any notion when these two hatched?

like I said the place I got these birds from was true chicken madness.... there is no way this guy could tell you for sure anything about any of his chickens. I walked in there totally clueless and hoped I was getting good advice..... but no..... at least now I know exactly how NOT to buy a chicken. I just think its unfair to tell someone that they are specifically buying this or that and then find out later that they did not get what they were paying for. he told me these were premium breeds and they are not... just some random unknown cross breed chicken that is God only knows how old... Otto

It's unfortunate that there are people willing to take advantage like that. I saw another post where someone advertised their unwanted cockerels as hens. So, I'd suggest that if you want just a few grown pullets, find someone on BYC who is local to you, well-known here, and breeds and buy some culls from them. I've done that and they are wonderful hens, just weren't perfect enough for the breeder's needs. Or, get pullet chicks at the farm store. You can know exactly how old those are and be absolutely sure about them being female if you choose sexlinks.

Back
Top Bottom