Went to Galveston

Galveston can be great fun.. I bet the kids LOVED the ferry ..
love.gif

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea winds blowin'
I still see her dark eyes glowin'
She was 21 when I left Galveston

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea waves crashing
While I watch the cannons flashing
I clean my gun and dream of Galveston

I still see her standing by the water
Standing there lookin' out to sea
And is she waiting there for me?
On the beach where we used to run

Galveston, oh Galveston, I am so afraid of dying
Before I dry the tears she's crying
Before I watch your sea birds flying in the sun
At Galveston, at Galveston

Quote:
OK now I have that song stuck in my head. Ready to go back to the beach. Couldn't believe how much rebuilding has happened on Crystal Beach. We have a ferry named after some one in our family. Dont know why though

I've been to Galveston twice... back in the early '80s. Fire and BBQ on the beach at night and body surfing in the afternoon. Good times!

Quote:
I live on the island... Any time we ride the ferry, there are porpoises riding the waves with us. We're in TN right now... Heading home on the 15th!

Quote:
I live on the island... Any time we ride the ferry, there are porpoises riding the waves with us. We're in TN right now... Heading home on the 15th!

KDK1 hey if yall ever need to evacuate with your animals we are on a list for it. Just let us know We have 20 ac. and a barn with extra coop. We are half way between Houston and Dallas straight up 45. PM me if you want a phone number to keep on hand. Sad to say but I am one of those praying for a storm to help brake this heat spell.
piecemaker

Quote:

KDK1 hey if yall ever need to evacuate with your animals we are on a list for it. Just let us know We have 20 ac. and a barn with extra coop. We are half way between Houston and Dallas straight up 45. PM me if you want a phone number to keep on hand. Sad to say but I am one of those praying for a storm to help brake this heat spell.
piecemaker

I appreciate the invite. I'll definitely take you up on that if the need arises. We had a 15 yr old cat we were goingto load up when we evacuated for Ike. When my GF backed the car out of the garage he laid my arm wide open and made his escape. The water was already coming in so I wished him luck and said adios amigo. When we returned three weeks later, there he was on the doorstep meowing at us. Tough old cat. PM your number if you don't mind.

hi i am just now reading this post and i had to laugh, do you know paul and i rented a beach house the same week you were there! wow thats funny, we always miss each other! we took old scooter with us!

Went there for vacation every summer when I was small. If I were to go back, I would love to tour museums and historical places more than hang out on the beach(although that would be on at least a small part of the agenda). My granddaddy was a child during the 1900 hurricane; they lived on the mainland about 10 miles away. He was a writer, and wrote about surviving the storm, and its devastation.

Back
Top Bottom