Went to Galveston

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by piecemaker, Jul 23, 2011.

1. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Took DD and her 2 DD ages 8 and 12 and her DS 18 months to Galveston. We had sooooo much fun. It rained the whole time we drove there, then for a while after we got there. The sun came out and the weather was great (the rain was great too). Took Hank the boxer with us the first day we had to carry him in the water the 2nd day he was chest deep playing with another dog and kids. He sure learned to play the crowd he would walk up to some one and lean on them so they will pet him. DGS did really good for the first trip in the waves and salt water. He was like a fish. He loved feeding the sea gulls on the ferry when we rode it across to Crystal Beach. I came back VERY sun burned and I used SPF 60. Boy glad I didn't use the SPF 4 the others used

Zayden and mom looking for sea gulls I just love this pix
    [​IMG]

My DD with Madison, Kyndel,& Zayden
    [​IMG]

Hank trying to stay on dry land
    [​IMG]

2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Aww! Great pics, thanks for sharing! Glad y'all had fun. Can I tag along next time? [​IMG]

3. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:Sure come on we will do it agian when it cools off a little. Talking about doing a family trip with all the kids this spring. Rent a beach house maybe

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    You drove through rain, in Texas??!!!??? You lucky duck!!!!

Great pictures. It looks like a good time. My kids love feeding the gulls when we go to the beach. We try to get there about once a year, if only for a few days. Good looking family. [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I loved to watch seagull when I was a kid, too! I was so fascinated with how they could dangle their webbed feet while hoovering over me. That is one good looking boxer!

6. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] nice pictures. That is a great boxer picture too! I love boxers [​IMG]

7. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Love going to Galveston. Went there on our Honeymoon even. So much stuff to do and see there.
    And I love the song too.......I sing it in my head anytime I hear the word Galveston....singing it now [​IMG]

8. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Quote:Me too, and all I know is "Galveston, oh Galveston..."[​IMG]

9. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    "she was 21....when I left Galveston"

10. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    We went to Galveston on vacation last year...had a great time. My granddaughter loved the ferry! Did ya'll see porpoises alongside? We had a group of about 6 follow us across...the kids loved it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by