Went to my first quilting class.....

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by tabsmonsters, Sep 26, 2009.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    ...and this is what I made

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't have enough time to get it completely finished. I still have to do another border, put the batting and the backing on, quilt it and add the binding. I had intended on doing a wall hanging rather than a lap quilt, but I forgot about doing that until I had everything cut out [​IMG] . I should have enough fabric left to do it.

Another girl was making this one and the colors just pop right out at you! I love this one and may make one in the future!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    very pretty and such an undertaking for your first class!! now you'r gonna have to split your money & time between your chickens and quilting !!
    I teach small group classes quilting during the fall & winter (not much else to do after the snow flys)and love what students come up with.

3. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have chickens any more so that just means all my time and money can go towards quilting, lol!

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG] join some of the monthly swaps, love to have u!

5. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    Wow..nice job..my first class..(many years ago)..was 4 6 in.sqrs sewn together to make a pillow top!!!

6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    You made that after only 1 quilting class??????? That is very nice.

7. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Quote:Actually that lap size quilt CAN be made in one class - I teach the Quilt-in-a-day class for this pattern she made (trip around the world) and my students start at 8am-finish at 5pm and go home with their creations only having to finish tying the quilt.

8. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    erthymom, this was a Quilt-in-a-Day class too, 9 am - 5pm. We had a few snafu's and a late start. She also had to show a lot of us how to do rotary cutting the right way. I want to try and machine quilt this quilt rather than tying it though.

Scrambled, the thought has entered my mind several times. One of these days I sure will!

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Very pretty! A great way to use those small scraps left behind from other projects. This is called 'trip around the world' ?? I'm going to look into that!

10. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:Actually Luna, using small scraps would take forever! We sewed long strips together then cut them down to the size we needed. Hard to explain but easy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by