Went to throw out egg.....

Okay, the thing it is sitting in is a deviled egg serving dish that is glass. It lets me lay the eggs on their side and also keeps the humidity nice and even. I broke through the shell and membrane, the chick is still in some of the inner clear membrane, though it's beak is out, you can see that in the pic, it's the big orange thing lol and it is just still hanging out in the egg cheeping at me every little bit. I haven't intervened any more since I got a little blood, but will try again in a while. Just taking things slow.

Ooooh, thanks, Kelli. I see it all now. lol
gig.gif
The deviled egg thing looks like water, to me!
Good luck and please keep us updated. How long has it been since it pipped?

Quote:
OT remark to this- yes, just as in human childbirth! The more interference, the more intervention, and so on it snowballs:mad:

Thinking of you and the chick today- crossing my fingers all is well and soon you'll have a fluffy chick peeping around:D

Well....the baby is out! It still had a little of the yolk sack out so I closed the bator back up and am letting it absorb the rest of the way. It is doing well, it is tired, me too! I will post pics of the entire things as soon as I find my camera lol. In the excitement I have misplaced it. The baby is soooo cute!

Well the baby is trying to get around, hasn't quite figured out how to use it's feet yet lol and cheeping like crazy. I just hope it finishes up absorbing that tiny bit of yolk sac before it learns to walk!!!

Thanks! It just figured out that it had legs a few minutes ago and after I helped it get off it's side and put it's legs under it it started scooting around the deviled egg plate! Apparantly it absorbed the rest of the yolk, or I was wrong in guessing that was what it was, and the egg shell is not longer attached! It is sooo funny! I will post pics when the camera is located lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom