Went to walmart for milk and.....

Safeway's 1 gal is on sale for $1.57 (whole, 2%, 1%, or skim) this week. Sometimes it's on sale for less, so I try to stock up then. It's crazy how dramatically food prices have increased.

Safeway's 1 gal is on sale for $1.57 (whole, 2%, 1%, or skim) this week. Sometimes it's on sale for less, so I try to stock up then. It's crazy how dramatically food prices have increased.

I agree completely with this. It seems with gas going up and groceries and electric going up 7% here we are getting squeezed on all sides. There is just nothing left. Everything has gone up and the paycheck hasn't. I had already changed my spending habits and what I bought. There just is not much fat left in my budget anymore.

wow... cheapest gallon of milk here in town is $3.50. Walmarts is $3.79. Both the $3.50 milk is at Walgreens, so I'd use more money making 2 stops and driving out of my way.

I agree completely with this. It seems with gas going up and groceries and electric going up 7% here we are getting squeezed on all sides. There is just nothing left. Everything has gone up and the paycheck hasn't. I had already changed my spending habits and what I bought. There just is not much fat left in my budget anymore.
It used to be either eating "high on the hog" or "low on the hog", but for so many these days there's no eating anywhere on the hog.

Something else that's been crazy priced for quite a while now is powdered milk.
th.gif

It used to be very inexpensive compared to gallons of milk.

I think I paid $2.89 or $2.98. Sometimes milk is $2.48 on sale.

Last edited:
I pay $4 a gallon for milk here in Maine. The price of meat is wicked high, the cheapest I can get ground beef (73%) is $3.59 a pound, I won't buy it. I wait for a monthly sale and get 85% for $3.33 a lb. I am some kind of glad I put a pig and 25 meat birds in the freezer, if I had room to raise it I would put a beef critter in too, but don't have it.

I pay $5 or $6/gal for organic milk. I'd rather get raw, but it's hard to find. We just put a deposit down on a few goats last week and one is due to kid at the end of Feb. I won't be buying milk from the store for very much longer!

Same. Except recently my mom has been buying from an uncertified Amish lady for $2 a gallon of her raw milk.

(I'm pretty sure I've tasted solid things in the Amish lady's milk. My mom's not buying from her anymore.
sickbyc.gif
)

Raw milk is illegal to sell in NC. When I was a child I spent summers with my grandparents in upstate NY. They were retired dairy farmers and we got our milk from neighbors down the road. There really is such a difference! My sister recently bought two highland calves. So someday soon we will have milk and cheese!

Raw milk is illegal to sell in NC. When I was a child I spent summers with my grandparents in upstate NY. They were retired dairy farmers and we got our milk from neighbors down the road. There really is such a difference! My sister recently bought two highland calves. So someday soon we will have milk and cheese!

SSSHHHH

Back
Top Bottom