We're finally getting a new barn!!

Awesome!
celebrate.gif

Not quite finished but they are finally making good progress... If we are lucky, they will be finished tomorrow!!! Then I just have to finish the interior stall/pen separations..

72494_barn19.jpg

This is awesome. I love your barn. I have been trying to find a way to get one build for a couple years, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get it paid for. I'm hoping to get my truck paid off this year so maybe I can use it for colatteral to finance the rest so I don't have to wipe out my savings.

Great looking barn, Birdguy! It is wonderful that the good weather has held out so long so that this can be completed before the snow builds up!

My husband and I are converting a horse stall in the our steel sided barn to a chicken coop (the previous owners of the property had horses). Could you show a picture of your pop door or mention how you are planning to insert it? Are you having workers install the pop door or are you doing it yourself?

Our barn is not insulated like yours, but I am trying to figure out aside from cutting a pop sized door in the metal siding, what sort of flashing etc. should go around the pop door. Someone we talked to mentioned putting J channel around the pop door, so I am doing research on that. We plan on having a secure run outside of the chickens pop door like you mentioned.

scratch'n'peck :

Great looking barn, Birdguy! It is wonderful that the good weather has held out so long so that this can be completed before the snow builds up!

My husband and I are converting a horse stall in the our steel sided barn to a chicken coop (the previous owners of the property had horses). Could you show a picture of your pop door or mention how you are planning to insert it? Are you having workers install the pop door or are you doing it yourself?

Our barn is not insulated like yours, but I am trying to figure out aside from cutting a pop sized door in the metal siding, what sort of flashing etc. should go around the pop door. Someone we talked to mentioned putting J channel around the pop door, so I am doing research on that. We plan on having a secure run outside of the chickens pop door like you mentioned.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow of where I am going to put the pop doors next Spring.. J channel is what to use as trim and a sawzall will cut your hole in the metal..​

The barn is finished except for the big overhead door that will go in next Tuesday hopefully. I still have some interior pen divisions to do before I can move the chickens and turkeys but hopefully we'll have everything done and everyone moved by next Saturday.. We did get the pigs moved out of the backyard today... Should have had a camcorder going for that... The kids will definitely have something to talk about on school Monday!! I'm so relieved to not be in violation of zoning anymore
hide.gif
A renegade rooster is one thing... try having 6 pigs in your backyard without anyone finding out....
gig.gif

Here's a few pictures of the outside, I'll post more of the inside throughout this week as we get sections finished and animals moved.

Northwest corner
72494_barn21.jpg

Southwest corner
72494_barn22.jpg

Southeast corner
72494_barn23.jpg

Northeast corner
72494_barn20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom