We're the subject of a newspaper article...

Cool article you guys made!!! The comments from some folks were kind of scarey though...lots of misinformation out there. Two or three large dogs compared to a few hens...well...doesn't even compare when it comes to yard hygiene. Effecting the lungs???
hu.gif
It's like some of those people think milk, eggs, beef, and pork come from machines or something...
I will say that I've visited a farm where poop was piled up and crusted over on the roosts, nest box perches and floors; It did leave a bad impression on me of chicken tending, which is probably why I'm such a clean freak when it comes to my own coop. But that kind of place may be what some folk have in their heads when they think of backyard chickens???
idunno.gif

Quote:
Hey thanks!

We are "clean freaks" too. I bet our chickens are absolutely spoiled compared with most dogs and cats in the 'hood.

Yard hygiene. That's a good new term. I like it. Being an RN, I really like it. Besides, when it comes to hunting down and scooping chicken poops, I am more than happy to add them to my compost heap. Its fun in a dirty little way, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom