Were you ready for the switch to digital TV?

i just watched TV with a antienna. turned it on a few months ago "Well. Doesn't work" Hasn't been on since. Didn't really watch it anyway of course. You can watch the same stuff online for free except internet bills if you know where to look..

And without commercials!

-Daniel

big_smile.png
We've had the converters for months...... we just haven't hooked them up yet.

Now we can't get either one of our 2 channels!

Oh, well. Maybe when winter gets here we will miss tv enough to hook up the converter.

Oh, you mean the switch back to book reading?
wink.png

We heard before the switch that our area wouldn't receive a signal, even with the largest outdoor antenna, so we decided to go without. We are glad we didn't waste all that money on the converter box and the antennas, only to find out it wouldn't work for us . . . one advantage to not running out and converting right away. Most PBS programs are downloadable for free, and that is mostly what we watch, so we are now going "unplugged."

We have Directv, but I decided to try the one the one box we got on the TV upstairs.
Well, the verdict is....We get NO channels. Nothing, nodda. I tried it on the downstairs TV's as well. We have an indoor antenna, but it's not worth putting an outdoor antenna on the roof. That is what I was told we needed. We will be staying with Directv I guess. No big deal. We can't get cable in our area, and the only internet we have available is DSL thru the phone company, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised
smile.png

Bluemoon

Back
Top Bottom