Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
I was just reading that page, ha!!
Luckily I'm not in the Midlands and live in an area where chickens really aren't that common so hopefully my girls wont have a problem.
We do get midges over here, I guess they could spread pox
sickbyc.gif

I need a little help. It appears our chickens have dry pox. Does dry pox have the potential to turn into wet pox or if it's dry pox it stays dry pox? These pictures are so scary and I am so impressed with all that you did for your chickens.

I need a little help. It appears our chickens have dry pox. Does dry pox have the potential to turn into wet pox or if it's dry pox it stays dry pox? These pictures are so scary and I am so impressed with all that you did for your chickens.
Give them a thorough exam, keep their eyes clear of scabs so they can eat and drink. I'm still playing with various treatments, but I think what's working best so far fox the dry form is dusting for mites and lice, 'cause they don't seem to want to dust bathe on their own while sick, worming to boost their immune systems and application of iodine on the scabs and lesions.

-Kathy

Thank you for all of your info on here. New chicken owners like me need all the information we can get. So just so I understand the dry form does not become the wet form of pox correct?

Thank you for all of your info on here. New chicken owners like me need all the information we can get. So just so I understand the dry form does not become the wet form of pox correct?

This is a first for me, so I can't say for sure, but so for, mine that appear to have just the dry have not shown any symptoms of the wet.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom