Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
10-4 @chickengr I appreciate any/all advice. Had wife buy eye ointment yesterday (either veterycin or tamar-somethin lol) hopefully all it turns out to be is dry pox n nothin more

10-4 @chickengr I appreciate any/all advice. Had wife buy eye ointment yesterday (either veterycin or tamar-somethin lol) hopefully all it turns out to be is dry pox n nothin more

good luck. but when chickens get sick they usually get more than 1 disease. tell your wife to check inside their mouth. if their is yellow staff I used q tips to push it out (be careful thay don't swallow it). I put iodine, 1 drop under the tongue to cure/prevent wet pox. dry form is outside and wet form is inside their body. hot summers and mosquitoes...

Had her buy iodine yesterday also and as of yesterday there wasn't a sign of it in their mouth. Would it hurt to go ahead and give antibiotic (if not then what would you recommend?)?

I would give antibiotics for secondary infections.

you can always put 1 drop of iodine under the tongue. it will help their liver to function better.

1f44d-1f3fc.png
1f44c-1f3fc.png
10-4 thank you ill call my wife and have her go ahead and do it thanks again. What kind of antibiotic would you prefer?

1f44d-1f3fc.png
1f44c-1f3fc.png
10-4 thank you ill call my wife and have her go ahead and do it thanks again. What kind of antibiotic would you prefer?

for the ones with bubbles in the eye I would prefer baytril. antibiotics are for the secondary infections only, not pox. as @casportpony says chickens don't need antibiotics to recover from pox. you can choose to treat individually birds who seem to have other issues as well (like the one you posted 1st pic).

good luck. but when chickens get sick they usually get more than 1 disease. tell your wife to check inside their mouth. if their is yellow staff I used q tips to push it out (be careful thay don't swallow it). I put iodine, 1 drop under the tongue to cure/prevent wet pox. dry form is outside and wet form is inside their body. hot summers and mosquitoes...

I'm curious. What kind of iodine would you give orally? Is it a special kind or just the dyed stuff you find in drug stores? I always thought that was for external use only.

Back
Top Bottom