Wet, dirty feathers around eyes

MagiCateBall

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2017
First time posting, I can't seem to figure out what is going on with my drake! Yesterday I noticed that his eyes looked like all the feathers were gone around them. We're out with them every day and I hadn't noticed it before. Upon closer inspection, it looks like they're kind of dirty and wet? I'm uploading a picture. I think it might be some sort of eye infection? They have a pool and a big bowl as well. Both are deep enough for them to get their whole heads in and both are refilled daily. Any ideas on what I can do?

Attachments

• IMG_3114.JPG
    IMG_3114.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 40
My pekin duck has the same thing which is worrying me... Is the skin loose around the eye and peel back at all?

Last edited:
Hmm.. Weird, My pekin's eye looks just like that but the skin is kinda peeled back just in case i'd treat the eye to prevent that from happening...

What I'd do is put some ACV into their buckets so they dunk their heads clean their eyes real good. 1 Tablespoon to 1 gal of water ACV is a natural way to kill off some bacteria and it's also a good tonic, will not sting at that strength. If after a few days you still notice they eyes like they are now then get either Veterycin for eyes or for wounds and infection and spray the eyes with it or buy Terramycin eye ointment and use it.

Back
Top Bottom