Wet feather

Esme2345

Chirping
Jun 16, 2020
I’ve recently bought home an Aylesbury duck and her feathers appear to be in pretty bad condition especially in the bottom half of her body. I think she might have wet feather as the conditions at her previous home were not great. She’s quite scared of me and I can’t really get near her so I’m not sure how to treat it, I’ve heard about putting them in a like warm bath etc but she’s really skittish about being picked up, any help would be appreciated

I got a duck, last spring, from someone who kept her with chickens (no swimming water), so very little oil on her feathers. I just kept out a small horse-feed dish filled with fresh water. Slowly, she went from splashing herself from it to swimming in it. Now, she is fully waterproof and the first one in the big pool. You might try the same.

Any chance you could post a picture of her? I'm sure that will be helpful to the members that will share their knowledge and experience with you. I wish you and your duck the best! Thank you for your time and care for her well being. You're awesome for giving her a more healthy environment <3

Any chance you could post a picture of her? I'm sure that will be helpful to the members that will share their knowledge and experience with you. I wish you and your duck the best! Thank you for your time and care for her well being. You're awesome for giving her a more healthy environment <3

Thanks, this was the other day after going in a tiny bit of water, she’s not keen like the others going in the pond

Attachments

• 8917BB06-F776-4855-9DD6-0C277E84B784.jpeg
    8917BB06-F776-4855-9DD6-0C277E84B784.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom