Wet food crisis

Deggy

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2020
Sooo this is a bit weird.., my ducklings Bob and Amelia seems to not know what wet food is or they dont like it.. They took 1-2 bites and then won't eat it and I ended up wasting a bunch of chick starter, they prefer and love to eat dry dusty food and I'm fine with that BUT what im not fine with is that when they eat and then drink most of their food fall out of their mouth and they end up with less food consumed and a cloudy water dish please send help

Last edited:
I do not have chickens or ducks but I have been on here reading and learning for quite some time.

I have found that birds hate change and that a usually effective way to get them used to eating moist food is to sprinkle some of the dry on top so that it LOOKS dry but they end up getting some of the wet while they are eating, they will figure it out fairly quickly.

From what I have read, ducklings (and grown ducks) tend to be messy anyway and have to wash their mouths and nares out with water while eating as they are meant to eat wet food like water plants and fish.

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom