What’s Everyone Reading Right Now?

DH and I read to each other every night. He is reading The Desire of Ages to me. It's a classic on the life of Christ. I love this book, it really brings the gospels to life and makes you feel almost as if you are there! It also brings out practical lessons for one's daily life, almost like a devotional, but is not heavy-handed or preachy. Wonderful book!

The brontes as in Emily Bronte and Charlotte Bronte ect? If so I love their books
Yes! I remember the first time I read Wuthering Heights, I read it straight thru in 10.5 hours.

Another one I found hard to put down was Follow the River. Factual story based on a settler woman who was captured by Indians and walked the Ohio River all the way home...in November. Amazing stuff
138872.jpg

Yes! I remember the first time I read Wuthering Heights, I read it straight thru in 10.5 hours.

Another one I found hard to put down was Follow the River. Factual story based on a settler woman who was captured by Indians and walked the Ohio River all the way home...in November. Amazing stuff
View attachment 2575803
Oh I loved wuthering heights. I read it for the first time in the eighth grade but have reread it several times since.
that looks like a great book, maybe when I finish looking for Alaska I will read it

I just started Dawnshard by Brandon Sanderson, a novella in his Stormlight Archive series. Haven't gotten far enough into it to know if I like it, but I've liked everything else I've read that he's written.
Brandon Sanderson's Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians series is among the funniest I've ever read. He's currently writing another from the perspective of Bastille.

In class we have been reading animal farm hut I finished it in two days so I got to read to kill a mockingbird. Both books were pretty good!
I reread To Kill a Mockingbird a few years ago for a class and it was so much better than I remembered from high school! I think I was too young to understand it at 14 years old.

I get 3 books of James Herriot (1916-1995) from my neighbour, now i read this books. It`s about veterinarian life and works. I like his stories.

Before of that i finished to read last tome of full composiions of writigs of Necrasow (russian author 1821-1878). His books are ambiguous, there are good, interesting and serious things, but sometimes they are completely nonsense and cheap literature.

I get 3 books of James Herriot (1916-1995) from my neighbour, now i read this books. It`s about veterinarian life and works. I like his stories.

Before of that i finished to read last tome of full composiions of writigs of Necrasow (russian author 1821-1878). His books are ambiguous, there are good, interesting and serious things, but sometimes they are completely nonsense and cheap literature.
I have a James Herriot book and I really like it. It has pictures of the parts of England he's in.

Back
Top Bottom