What’s going on with this egg?

Jun 1, 2018
Canada
So I don’t normally candle all my eggs at day 5 but I’m doing a hatch a long on Facebook for my friends so I’m candling 1 egg each night...till I found this egg.
F4F31FC3-C3E6-468C-AFEA-EDF05F384736.jpeg
None of my other embryos are even close to this big at day 5. Could this be just a mess of bacteria inside the egg? There’s spider veins at the top like all my others but the dark spot I find concerning. I actually put eggs in one night and the next afternoon added another few more, this was one of the later ones to go in. Candled before and it was empty and was incubated same day it was laid 100% guarantee on that. So technically this egg is only 4 days into incubation. It’s heavier then all the others. I’ve never had one look like this on day 4. It doesn’t look like it’s moving. Should I just pull it and not risk getting a weird chick? Or it exploding or leave it in and see what it looks like in
Here’s what my other eggs all looked like. Just veins or tiny tiny embryos that I could see but not photograph.
83E5C4E3-FD1B-4512-B3F6-FC830420EDAE.jpeg
Thanks in advance.

Did you sniff it? If it has bacteria in it then you should be able to smell the rotten egg smell through the porous shell.

My guess is that you are seeing a meat spot or blood spot. Have you tried candling from different angles to get a better idea of what it looks like?

I don't know how a meat or blood spot will affect a developing embryo. My guess is that it would not bother it but that is a guess. If it is a "spot" that should not cause it to go bad and get infected with bacteria but sniffing it every night when you candle an egg might be prudent.

Did you sniff it? If it has bacteria in it then you should be able to smell the rotten egg smell through the porous shell.

My guess is that you are seeing a meat spot or blood spot. Have you tried candling from different angles to get a better idea of what it looks like?

I don't know how a meat or blood spot will affect a developing embryo. My guess is that it would not bother it but that is a guess. If it is a "spot" that should not cause it to go bad and get infected with bacteria but sniffing it every night when you candle an egg might be prudent.
Yeah doesn’t smell and no blood ring. Maybe it is a blood spot. It looks huge though. Maybe if it ends up looking like it quit I’ll do my first eggtopy.

Back
Top Bottom