What’s In A Name?

Pics

Mimi13

fuhgettaboutit
Jan 6, 2018
Centre, AL
Every time I am on BYC I always try to figure out how people come up with their “user name.” I may be the only one who tries to figure these out, but I’ll bet not.

Some names are straight forward like,
JaneDoe
or maybe with a birthdate or year,
JaneDoe42689
JaneDoe1989
and some even tell us where they’re from,
AllisonAL
DallasDan
or what birds they have/love,
50YardBirds
DanaDominiques
some that you’d think are men, but are women and some that are women that you’d think are men:eek:and on, and on, and on!
The possibilities are endless.

I hope everyone’s curiosity is peaked and willing to share and I will start.

Mimi’s 13

Being a Mimi is what allowed me to even begin keeping birds. I quit work to keep my third grandson 4 months before he was born. It was during this time that I convinced my DH that homegrown eggs would be much better for him; went to a nearby breeder and brought home 6 little fluffy chicks :jumpy ; ordered a prefab coop that never would have housed 6 chickens let alone the 8 it advertised :mad:; and began turning an unused dog kennel into a chicken run fit for royalty. Not really, but it was secure.

13 Nope, not the number of chickens I have or the number of kids I have :th. It’s just my LUCKY number; however, it has never won me any money, dad gummit!

That’s the story of Mimi’s 13.:celebrate

Now tell me yours. :thumbsup

Pretty cute and very true about the curiosity. I often wonder myself and sometime click on peoples image for clues. I should have been a detective. :D!!!
Well, I am not that clever... or not so much with my user name. I first thought along the lines of peepsnparadise or paradisepeeps because I live in a kinda exotic place, but I did not want to be another peeps. And then a classic song from the 80's, from one of our local favorite contemporary Hawaiian bands (The Brothers Cazimero- My Tropical Baby), popped in my head, a fun little tune. You can google :) Since I refer to my girls as my babies most of the time I figured that was it. And it is a little cute and self explanatory to any one wondering about my climate (because it does matter). Tropical... kinda cleared up the mystery :hmm right?
Anywho, thanks for the fun post. I like it!!!

Last edited:
I love Percherons and I am a Girl...
Katee
upload_2018-10-26_16-35-10.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-18_23-38-49.png
    upload_2018-8-18_23-38-49.png
    658.9 KB · Views: 35

Back
Top Bottom