What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
You know, I've been that person in the feed store before... I overheard someone saying something about their chickens and I asked them what they had for chickens. They said they didn’t know and described them out and eventually showed me a picture of them. I then went on and told them they had Black Australorps. And that was the second time I did something like that.
Once in TSC, someone tried arguing with me how these birds were bantams and nothing else (they might have even said they were Silkies). I told them they were Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantams and pointed out all the reasons why they were. I don't really know why the person was so mad and didn't want to realize that there is different colors and breeds of chickens and small chickens aren't just "bantams" or "Silkies," but I think I won the argument as she finally stopped trying to convince they were one thing.
I learned VERY quickly, ppl don’t play with knowing a certain breed or not. They will absolutely die on that hill! ESPECIALLY if it’s their chicken! Telling a chicken owner their chicken may be something else, is fighting words! And may the Gods have mercy on someone who mistakenly calls it something it’s not.

I’m in NC, we have 100 degree summers and 10 degree winters. Raccoons hawks coyotes opossum fox owls.. ya know the usual killers. I mainly want them for yard pest control and eggs. So I need an all around all weather fast running clever hiding chicken that loves bugs! Any ideas?
Howdee neighbor, I'm in Pitt County.
:frow

I learned VERY quickly, ppl don’t play with knowing a certain breed or not. They will absolutely die on that hill! ESPECIALLY if it’s their chicken! Telling a chicken owner their chicken may be something else, is fighting words! And may the Gods have mercy on someone who mistakenly calls it something it’s not.
I’m not one of those ppl. You could come here, and tell me they were kangaroos and I’d say well that explains the jumping they do.

Yeah, I get that. I used to have Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantams for like six years, so I know them inside and out. Then on Black Australorps, I've only had a few over the years and just some behavior they do I can tell what breed they are without even seeing the bird. Like, "oh, my hen is somehow escaping and there's netting on the run." "Is it a Black Australorp?" "Yep." "There's your answer."

Yeah, I get that. I used to have Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantams for like six years, so I know them inside and out. Then on Black Australorps, I've only had a few over the years and just some behavior they do I can tell what breed they are without even seeing the bird. Like, "oh, my hen is somehow escaping and there's netting on the run." "Is it a Black Australorp?" "Yep." "There's your answer."
my australorps like to be on TOP of the netting!

my australorps like to be on TOP of the netting!
Mine like to find an inch of space beneath the fencing and go under. Then I've seen other people's Australorps do the same thing, lol. I've had a few birds who go on top of the netting too. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom