What’s The Sex?

One way to tell is there feathers. Are the tail feathers kinda crazy? Are they curly? Also, Males are bigger than females typically.

By 10 weeks you may/should be able to tell by voice, especially if they’re all white like Pekins, etc. Plumage will still be the same in both sexes, and the drake curl feather (which isn’t always apparent anyways) won’t develop for some time yet. My boys didn’t get theirs until 14-16 weeks, with the heavier fellas being closer to 18-19 weeks.
taking a video of them talking will be more helpful to us to help you at this age. :) you can upload them to a video platform like YouTube and then link them here. 👍
Girls make that quintessential quack! While boys are quieter, and raspy. Like a chain smoking duck, or a duck with laryngitis. :)

By 10 weeks you may/should be able to tell by voice, especially if they’re all white like Pekins, etc. Plumage will still be the same in both sexes, and the drake curl feather (which isn’t always apparent anyways) won’t develop for some time yet. My boys didn’t get theirs until 14-16 weeks, with the heavier fellas being closer to 18-19 weeks.
taking a video of them talking will be more helpful to us to help you at this age. :) you can upload them to a video platform like YouTube and then link them here. 👍
Girls make that quintessential quack! While boys are quieter, and raspy. Like a chain smoking duck, or a duck with laryngitis. :)
Thank you! Will do! I’ll send over a video!

Back
Top Bottom