What’s with how cheap eBay incubators are?

Corbdee

Duckies!
Aug 1, 2020
Middle of somewhere
So this is just a small quick question. I’m trying to buy a backup incubator (a new one, not used) but one that’s better quality than the one I have. eBay has these amazing prices for incubators, but I want to make sure I’m not wasting my money. Is there anyone out there who has bought an incubator from there and didn’t see any problems with it despite the cheap prices?

for example Amazon has the one I want, (a yescom 56 egg) for really expensive, then eBay has several listed that are brand new for 40 dollars cheaper.

It takes babysitting. Mine didn’t hold very stable temps. Seemed to climb 1.5 degrees in evening. But I also didn’t have stable room temps either. Temperature is fully adjustable for calibration, but humidity is not. Humidity was 15-30 percent off all the time. Totally useless. There are two channels inside to add water, but only one fill hole with no way to ensure you’re putting water into correct channel. There’s no air vent. Not sure if holes on bottom and loose fitting lid would be enough.

I never successfully hatched out of it. After spiking temps, I used a NR360. Far better incubator imho

If you’re set on that unit, pay as little as possible for it. Save the styrofoam packing to help insulate outside. Let me know if you have success.

Govee hygrometer off Amazon will be a must. 15 bucks. My yescom was 1.9 degrees low out of the box.

It takes babysitting. Mine didn’t hold very stable temps. Seemed to climb 1.5 degrees in evening. But I also didn’t have stable room temps either. Temperature is fully adjustable for calibration, but humidity is not. Humidity was 15-30 percent off all the time. Totally useless. There are two channels inside to add water, but only one fill hole with no way to ensure you’re putting water into correct channel. There’s no air vent. Not sure if holes on bottom and loose fitting lid would be enough.

I never successfully hatched out of it. After spiking temps, I used a NR360. Far better incubator imho
Oh ok. I’m not completely sure now if I’ll go with that one. I’d absolutely love the NR360 but it’s a bit too much money right now especially since I’m gonna be buying 90 dollars worth of eggs. But I will keep all of that in mind

If you’re set on that unit, pay as little as possible for it. Save the styrofoam packing to help insulate outside. Let me know if you have success.

Govee hygrometer off Amazon will be a must. 15 bucks. My yescom was 1.9 degrees low out of the box.
And that’s great, thanks for recommending that. I was looking for a good hydrometer

So this is just a small quick question. I’m trying to buy a backup incubator (a new one, not used) but one that’s better quality than the one I have. eBay has these amazing prices for incubators, but I want to make sure I’m not wasting my money. Is there anyone out there who has bought an incubator from there and didn’t see any problems with it despite the cheap prices?

for example Amazon has the one I want, (a yescom 56 egg) for really expensive, then eBay has several listed that are brand new for 40 dollars cheaper.
I haven't heard very good things about the Yescoms. How many eggs are you incubating? I know some of the things on eBay are scams. Someone I know bought a cheap incubator from there, and it was labeled as the incubator for about $40, but they just got a cheap turning tray accessory. They had to file a complaint with eBay. So contact the seller first to be sure you'll get what you're paying for.

Back
Top Bottom