What’s wrong with my chickens??

ParisRReichard

Hatching
Jun 3, 2020
I had 12 Rhode Island Reds in the coop they were in there for about 2 weeks and then I went and bought 15 Isa Browns they’re probably a week maybe two apart in age. My coop is about 4 ft by 6ft there is plenty of room for them being that they’re only chicks. But all my Isa browns have feathers out of their backs. Is it mites? Or are the RIRs picking on them? What do I do????

Attachments

• 6FCCBC0E-1A43-4161-BDDE-E73723A885CC.jpeg
    6FCCBC0E-1A43-4161-BDDE-E73723A885CC.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 12
I had 12 Rhode Island Reds in the coop they were in there for about 2 weeks and then I went and bought 15 Isa Browns they’re probably a week maybe two apart in age. My coop is about 4 ft by 6ft there is plenty of room for them being that they’re only chicks. But all my Isa browns have feathers out of their backs. Is it mites? Or are the RIRs picking on them? What do I do????
I disagree about you having enough space.. Give more space add red lights if currently using white ones. Or switch to infrared or heating plate for full night time cycle which allows proper rest and less crankiness.

That looks like bullying indeed more so than mites type stuff at least in my experience.

Add some enrichment.. other things to peck at and occupy time.. short daytime outings.

:fl

Back
Top Bottom