What’s wrong with my rooster?

CluckYeah8908

Songster
6 Years
Jun 18, 2016
Oklahoma
This is my beautiful boy BJ. About a month ago he was attacked and dropped by an owl. Other than having the wind knocked out of him and a few claw marks he seemed fine. His Comb has been pale since. I’ve been rubbing vet RX on his Comb, waffles, and feet. He got LA 200 injections every 3 days for 2 weeks. I stopped but his condition has not changed. He’s not interested in hens but he does eat and drink just fine. I’ve also been putting rooster booster in his water. His comb skin has been peeling. What else can I do for him?

Attachments

• 4379E792-9131-4149-BBDF-037CDE1DDD48.jpeg
    4379E792-9131-4149-BBDF-037CDE1DDD48.jpeg
    489 KB · Views: 9
  • 1CFB8B9B-68A1-4356-9505-ECD2B36FE5DC.jpeg
    1CFB8B9B-68A1-4356-9505-ECD2B36FE5DC.jpeg
    513.9 KB · Views: 9
Is this the same rooster you posted about in May with trouble walking, and in July about his blood red skin? It sounds like he may have some neurological or bone structure problems in the past. Has he been able to get around and walk okay since May when he was ill? Can you show a picture of his peeling skin? Has he started molting this year? Can you check his belly under his vent and elsewhere for any signs of lice or mites?

Here is a previous thread with pictures:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-chicken-not-walking.1311848/

Is this the same rooster you posted about in May with trouble walking, and in July about his blood red skin? It sounds like he may have some neurological or bone structure problems in the past. Has he been able to get around and walk okay since May when he was ill? Can you show a picture of his peeling skin? Has he started molting this year? Can you check his belly under his vent and elsewhere for any signs of lice or mites?
No, this is a different boy. This guy is on my moms farm and I’m posting for her. The one having trouble walking passed away and the other is doing good. I peeled away most of the skin as I rubbed the vet RX on him

Well, I would check for mites and lice, and tell us what he can do. Is he moving his legs and wings normally, and walking? He might have suffered some internal injuries. Why were your treating him with VetRx and antibiotics? Did he have symptoms of a respiratory disease? Do you know what your other rooster died from? Have you suspected Mareks disease? Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom