What’s your fav chicken breed??

Considered bantam, but there are Largefowl Silkies. I like the LF.

Bantams are supposed to be no more then around 2lbs maximum for hens, & 2.25lbs for roosters.(Silkie Bantams)
We have both silkies, and silkie/bantam chochins here, and had 2 that looked just like yours. Way meaner and greedier than the little silkies so I'm phasing them out.

My F2s are LF Silkie/Brahma/Silkie.View attachment 3659778
I'm saving this for my neighbor who took a little white silkie last year. All she has is brahmas and thought it was hilarious watching him learn to jump on feeder to then jump on the back of a hen. She was wondering if he'd ever breed one as she kept seeing "his junk" on the hen's back. She eats or sells her eggs and doesn't hatch but I said I'd take a couple to try out.

I'm saving this for my neighbor who took a little white silkie last year. All she has is brahmas and thought it was hilarious watching him learn to jump on feeder to then jump on the back of a hen. She was wondering if he'd ever breed one as she kept seeing "his junk" on the hen's back. She eats or sells her eggs and doesn't hatch but I said I'd take a couple to try out.
That's fine.
You'll find out if he made the mark if they're fertilized.

Favourite pet breed is silkies. Extremely partial to Sussex though :love
20231008_175942.jpg

I have Barred Rocks and a Barnevelder, so those are definitely at the top of my list.

I really like the Ayam Ketawa, because of the laughing vocalizations, and I definitely want to get some one day.

Honestly, I don't think I can really pick a favorite. I like too many different breeds to choose only one.

I started out with Dominiques as my favorite, but I have fallen in love with Dorkings. I still plan to have some "dominikers" or even just "dom'ners" as my mom called them, but now I have to have some of those short, five-toed, tasty wonders! A Dorking rooster is the prettiest chicken ever!
I want to try dorking chickens!

Back
Top Bottom