What’s your fav chicken breed??

I only have four chickens total, so I don’t have a definitive favorite breed yet. My Dominique is super sweet with a very bold personality, and I plan to add another to the flock next order. Much as I adore my two beautiful Cuckoo Marans, they seem more aggressive about the pecking order than my Dom and Welsummer, so I’m not sure I’d get more Marans in future. My Welsummer is an excellent leader, and I would get another happily.

From appearance alone, I think D’Anvers are the cutest. In regard to general chicken coloring I’m partial to splash laced red. :love

I am going to wait for them to come into Tractor Supply next spring in the assorted bantams. I just tell them I want the REALLY POOFY ones!
I bought my first 4 white silkies from TSC this spring, they are super cute! They aren't SOP of course but they are great layers. The eggs are larger than the regular silkie eggs and they started laying at 19 weeks.

You may have seen them in other threads but here they are again 🥰

The boys:
20231108_190352.jpg

Cappy Llama - pullet
20231108_190633.jpg 20231011_182802.jpg

Base - pullet
20231015_094814.jpg
20231016_185845.jpg

I don’t own Bantam Cornish but when I babysat them they absolutely stole my heart (I was babysitting some bantam cornish for a friend). I love bantam Cornish so much, the boys are super sweet and the hens have a lot of personality and are extremely smart. If I had enough time and money I would start up breeding cornish to the standard of perfection. I just adore everything about them.

Beautiful chickens. :love I love that dark one with the white wings. It reminds me of a hawk, so majestic looking. That last one looks like she's wearing a cozy muffler. ❤️

Beautiful chickens. :love I love that dark one with the white wings. It reminds me of a hawk, so majestic looking. That last one looks like she's wearing a cozy muffler. ❤️
Thanks! I don’t know why I’m so in love with those beards and muffs! I just keep wanting more! Done added on to pen 3 times since starting with chickens 3 and a half years ago🤣

Thanks! I don’t know why I’m so in love with those beards and muffs! I just keep wanting more! Done added on to pen 3 times since starting with chickens 3 and a half years ago🤣
Sometimes I'm jealous of other people's chickens, but my heart is held to only keeping silkies. They take a tish more maintenance than most chickens but I just love their demeanors and beauty. Good luck with adding more. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom