What’s your fav chicken breed??

I don't think I can pick just one, I love my EEs, the SLWs are so beautiful, and I have a bossy BA hen that is a lifer. I did get silkies this spring and now I'm completely won over by them 🤩

20231008_110607.jpg
Screenshot_20231006-211307_Gallery.jpg

If I were to pick one it would have to be Gamefowl, because they're historical, & have been bred, & raised for 3,000+ years.
Orientals, Such as Malay, Aseel, Shamo, & other Aseel/Asil varieties, are my top picks.

My second would be American Gamefowl, my only problem with them is they all look pretty much the same, but are some key differences depending on strain/variety.

My 3rd would be Old English Gamefowl, they're pretty much modified American Gamefowl, white shanks only, & high stationed bodies(Buff Chested).

But out of the none fighting breeds I'd go with Buff Orpington, Brahma, Silkies, Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks, & Easter Eggers as my top picks.

I don't have a favorite breed, just favorite individuals.
Both of these guys are friendly, although one much more than the other. Mixed breed and were hatched by me using an incubator.

As far as hens go, I have some young Plymouth Rock that seem pretty mellow. One is more friendly than the others. She seems to enjoy being picked up and held, while others tend to stay out of reach.
They are beautiful roosters - my favorite rooster breeds are silver laced Wyandotte and acually Rhode island Red

Back
Top Bottom