Sorry, I haven't had coffee, thought you were asking ABOUT mealworms.

No, Alfalfa is fine. Let them eat as much or as little as they want. They won't imbalance their diet with - lots of water, its not nutrient dense, but what it does have is pretty decent across the board. I do essentially the same thing with four varieties of clover, because alfalfa doesn't grow well here - but if it did, I'd plant more of it. Also, it attracts insects your bird may enjoy as an additional treat.
I use oats as substrate for my mealworms and I give them apple slices once every two days

and a very good source of fat - the little boost of protein from mealworns makes essentially no difference to your birds, assuming your All Flock has a good AA profile. OTOH, you can easily double their daily fat intake with mealworms. That has much greater health consequences, they aren't positive.

Suffice to say, I'm not a fan.

In small quantities, occasionally? Just fine.

Compared to offering "a handful of scratch" which many seem to do each day??? Mealworms aren't nearly so bad.
I offer a bunch on the last day of the month as a special "Wormos day" and they have a onve a month feast along with a few waxworms.

Sorry, I haven't had coffee, thought you were asking ABOUT mealworms.

No, Alfalfa is fine. Let them eat as much or as little as they want. They won't imbalance their diet with - lots of water, its not nutrient dense, but what it does have is pretty decent across the board. I do essentially the same thing with four varieties of clover, because alfalfa doesn't grow well here - but if it did, I'd plant more of it. Also, it attracts insects your bird may enjoy as an additional treat.
Coffee is a must!!! Lol
Thanks so much for your knowledge..its much appreciated..

Back
Top Bottom